- This event has passed.
2020 LAVRA Mass Start Clinic Series – April 25
April 25, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The LAVRA Mass Start Skills Clinics each take place over two days covering rules, tactics, and strategies for mass start racing on the track, centered on the four events of the International Omnium (IO). The first day will focus on the scratch race and tempo, and the second day will focus on the elimination and points race, considering both standalone and IO points races. Riders will learn how to read a race, and how to develop and execute race strategies. Riders will also participate in mock races.
- Participants who complete both days of a Mass Start Skills Clinic will be receive a certificate for a one-month membership at VELO Sports Center. The membership may be started at any time.
- Participants in the Mass Start Skills Clinics must be certified at the VELO Sports Center.
- This clinic is appropriate to track riders looking to start racing or current racers looking to improve their skills.
- The Mass Start Skills Clinics are taught by USAC Certified coaches. Novice and Category 4 riders will eligible for an upgrade point for completing a clinic.
Registration & Contact:
- Online registration available for all events at www.bikereg.com/lavra-springclinics
- Day-of registration available on Saturday only.
- A valid USAC license is required. One-day licenses are available for $10.
- Maximum of 24 riders per clinic.
- Riders will meet in the lobby of the VELO Sports Center. Riders using rental bikes are encouraged to show up by 12:30 pm to get their bikes setup.
Location & Contact
- Velo Sports Center on the Dignity Health Sports Center campus: 18400 S. Avalon Blvd, Carson, CA 90746.
- Free parking is available at the velodrome. Racers may drop off equipment by the track entrance but are asked to park in the parking lot.
- Contact email@example.com for additional information.