2020 LAVRA SoCal Madison Cup 5.23.20
May 23 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Race Day Schedule
Check-In Opens: 4:00 pm
Check-in Closes: 6:00 pm
Race Start Time: Following the conclusion of Juniors Rule! Races start no earlier than 6:30.
Racing will begin with an 80 lap Madison for the B field followed by a 120 lap Madison for the A field. The race director will ensure at least a 10 minute interval between the conclusion of the last junior race and the B Madison, and will start the Madison racing no earlier than 6:30 pm.
A: 120 laps
B: 80 laps
- Madison fields are self-selected A and B. For general guidelines, the A field is suitable for category 1-3 racers with Madison experienc and B field is suitable for category 3-5 races and new Madison racers.
- There is no gear restriction on the A field. The B field is gear restricted to 90 inches (riders may be rolled out to verify). In the event of a combined field, the race directory may impose a gear restriction.
- Riders must have prior Madison experience at VSC or permission of the race director.
- Fields may be combined if fewer than 4 teams are registered in any field.
- Online registration available for all events at www.bikereg.com/lavra-socalmad
- Maximum of 24 riders per field.
- Pre-registration is $15. Day of registration is $20.
- One day licenses are available for Cat 5 racers.
Location & Contact
- Velo Sports Center on the Dignity Health Sports Center campus: 18400 S. Avalon Blvd, Carson, CA 90746.
- Free parking is available at the velodrome. Racers may drop off equipment by the track entrance but are asked to park in the parking lot.
- Contact email@example.com for additional information.
- All riders must be certified to ride on the Velo Sports Center Track or have permission of the race director.
- Rental bikes are not allowed for racing.
- All USA Cycling rules will be followed.
- Racers must have a valid USA Cycling Track, UCI Track, or USAC one-day license and present evidence of authorization to ride at time of registration.
- One-day licenses will be sold at the event and will be available online.
- One set of cloth numbers will be issued to riders, lost numbers will be replaced with a $5 fee.
- Registration fee includes USAC and SCNCA insurance fee.